It is the official start of September and that means FOOTBALL SEASON! With that comes BBQ’s, parties, and social gatherings. There is a healthier alternative to ordering pizza which seems to be the easiest thing to do! Trust me, this quinoa bites recipe is delicious and easy to make. Double the recipe and you can have leftovers for the rest of the week.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 chopped/diced tomatoes (big red)
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon trader joe’s 21 seasoning salute
- pinch of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Organic Vodka sauce (or your favorite dipping sauce)
- Optional (meat – I did not make mine with any meat but chopped chicken or sausage may be a good addition
- Cook 1 cup quinoa by adding 2 cups of water in a covered pot. Bring to a boil, lower heat slightly and boil for 15-20 minutes or until water is soaked up and quinoa is tender
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together all ingredients except your chosen dipping sauce into medium mixing bowl. Stir and mash together.
- spray each mini muffin tin with TJ’s olive oil spray or PAM
- distribute the mixture into each mini muffin tin, filling all the way to the top. Pat down to compact. Sprinkle with your favorite cheese
- Bake for 15-20 mins. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. This makes it easier to remove the quinoa bites from tins.
- Heat your dipping sauce whatever way you see fit and serve warm
There you have it!! Easy Peezy. Now you can bring them to your friends’ Monday night football BBQ, your son/daughters sporting events, school functions, packing lunches, etc! Get creative and add whatever ingredients sound good to you. Chances are….IT WILL TASTE GREAT.