I try not to get caught up in the new year, new you hype. I never view the New Year or January 1st as a this crazy start point but rather a continuation of what I want to build on if that makes sense. What do you want to build on this year? What do you want to continue doing and what do you want to get rid of? I’m challenging you to just make a short list of 5-10 things you want to focus on in 2018. Is it more sleep, more workouts, strength specific goals, cardio specific goals, nutrition specific goals, or something totally unrelated? (even if it is unrelated to health/fitness, write it down)!
Here’s just a few of mine. I’m using this very blog as a way to put it out there and glance back at it every once in a while!
- Sleep (getting back to 7-9 hours a night instead of 4-5, which was my average this year with the new biz)
- Growing this community and creating programs I’m passionate about that remain authentic to me and can also help you.
- Running 2 – 1/2 marathons
- Giving back (always working this into products/events in my biz)
- Not being so hard on myself all the time. Delegating tasks. Asking for help if I need it (lol I could go on about this one….)
#5 will stay on my list forever because it’s not something that will happen overnight, in a week, in a month, or even a year. It’s OK to have long term/short term goals. But making them known puts it in front of your face so you can at least work on it ya know?! No one is harder on me than myself. It’s frustrating at times because it makes me hyper focused and less likely to celebrate in the small wins! I think those small wins are so damn important and I would give that advice to anyone else (client, friend, or otherwise) – to enjoy the little victories.
I would love to hear from you about your goals! What do you want to manifest in 2018? Let’s make it a damn good year. Whether 2017 was good or bad – use this as an opportunity to build upon it or leave it in the dust. You decide 🙂